The last year has been a bit of a roller coaster and I didn’t update that much but I have been reading. For the first post in 2017, I’ve decided to write what has been my favorite books I’ve read in 2016.
- Captive Prince trilogy (Captive Prince, Prince’s Gambit, Kings Rising) by C.S.Pacat
- The Job Blower by Melinda de Ross
- Love from Paris by Alexandra Potter
- None of the above by I.W.Gregorio
- Balefire by Cate Tiernan
- The yoga of Max’s discontent by Karan Bajaj
- Little shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan
- Girl hearts Girl by Lucy Sutcliffe
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Meet me at cupcake cafe by Jenny Colgan
This is my list of my top 10 books of last year.
Captive Prince trilogy deserved the first place. I’ve read it more than once and I just loved the plot, the characters, universe it was set in. I was blown away by this trilogy; I’ve cried, I’ve laughed, I was angry. I will be re-reading this series again this year, I’m sure.
The Job Blower is the book that reminded me how much I love chick lit again. I’m sucker for a romance. I liked the main character and the way Melinda told the story was really interesting. It made me laugh so many times.
Love from Paris is awesome romance book with awesome cover. I know, we should not judge book by it’s cover but seriously. Alexandra described Paris so nicely that it made me want to visit it badly (even tho, I don’t like Paris or France).
None of the above was the first (and only) book I’ve read with intersex main character. It was eye opening. I am big supporter of LGBTQ+ people so I want to read more books on this topic this year (LGBTQ+ and intersex).
See you soon!